Thursday, April 15, 2010

the wiggins - family session

one of my favorite photos that we have in our house is of jack sitting in my lap with his head thrown back in a fit of silly laughter.  every single time i look at that photo, it reminds my heart of his precious belly-laugh and i can hear it playing in my mind.

i've decided that that's my favorite thing about being a photographer; week in and week out, i have the honor of capturing snippets of a family's life in a photo that will last forever.  whether it's the tiny feet of a baby in her mommy's hands or the beautiful face of a bride in her daddy's gaze, i get to see it.  i get to preserve it.

a session i shot this past weekend gave me countless of those moments, and as i told my friends while we were shooting, i was tearing up looking through their photos -- and they're not even my family!  we met the wiggins a few years back when they started coming to our church, and we were immediately drawn to their magnetic personalities.  when i sat down to write this post for their sneak peek, the adjectives that kept coming to my mind to describe their family were love, gentleness, joy, kindness -- and the list goes on.  in fact, the fruits of the spirit that are listed in galatians five sum up the pulse of their family beautifully.

i'm not sure i've ever seen a family that exudes love for one another in the way that the wiggins do.  i'm sure that michael and robin would tell you that they have struggles just as any other family does, but in all the time i've spent with them at church and in each of our homes, i've never seen them offer anything but love and kindness to each another.  i mean, how else would i get this when i simply asked them to turn around and look out over the water with no further instructions?!? 

wiggins
and i just melt when i see how michael and robin interact with one another.  i could have spent the whole evening with them under this gorgeous tree, but something tells me they would probably rather it just be the two of them.  three's a crowd, right?  ;-)

m&r
m&r2
the little wiggins are just as much a joy to be with as their parents, and since this whole thing was an early mother's day gift from michael to robin, i'll hush now and let her enjoy a few photos of her babies.  we love you all and hope you enjoy the pictures...there are lots more to come. 

caroline
ian
824x500 s&rcaroline2
r&i

2 comments:

r><> said...

i love love love LOVE these photos!!!!! God has truly blessed you with such talent. you totally captured the things i love about my family!! your sweet comments mean so much to me too. i have been specifically praying for the fruits of the spirit to flow through my family lately. it is amazing and so encouraging that you would mention that. thank you thank you thank you soooooo much!! this is a gift i will CHERISH ALWAYS!! did i mention i LOVE the photos!! ;D

Rachael said...

I LOVE these pictures! You are right...the Wiggins family is such a blessing and a joy. I am glad to call them my friend! You are very gifted in your photography as well, Allison!!! I am sure it helps to have such a BEAUTIFUL family to photograph!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP